The GCS Moms League offers an exciting variety of special-interest events and clubs, available to our members, that encompass a wide range of interests. In addition to our clubs, we also host a variety of adult activities designed to give mom a break from the daily grind so you can relax and unwind with friends.
Book Club will meet every month. Our Book Club Chair has selected a fantastic book list for us this year. Book Club will be reading the following for 2017-18:
- October 10th: "Everyone Brave is Forgiven" by Chris Cleave
- November 13th: "Isaac's Storm" by Erik Larson
- December 11th: "You Are the Universe" by Deepak Chopra
- January 9th: "Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less" by Greg McKeown
- February 12th: "A Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson
- March 19th: "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline
- April 9th: "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner
- May 14th: "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- June 11th: "Station Eleven" by Emily St. John Mandel
Locations are announced on a month-to-month basis. Look for details on Meetup.
New Member Mingles
These get-togethers are aimed at our moms who have joined the Moms League this year. They are held periodically throughout the year at different venues, and give new members a chance to meet one another and become familiar with all the Moms League has to offer.
Ladies' Night Out
A monthly night out for just us moms. The venue varies each month and can be anything from an evening visiting with friends at a local wine bar, to a little pampering at one of our favorite spas, or even a pajama party!
Couples' Night Out
This year we have several fun Couples' Nights Out planned. We'll start off the year with a Halloween Party, a Christmas Party, and perhaps even squeeze in a baseball game and some other events planned just for the adults! Get a sitter for the kids, and bring your significant other out for some fun with other couples!
Mom's League also often organizes get-togethers at locally-held events, such as town-sponsored holiday events and festivals. Oftentimes, we are able to offer our members discount tickets to these events. We also host an annual Charity Gala that is THE event of the year! Get dressed up and enjoy an evening out for a great cause!
Members are given access to our event calendar on Meetup, and all members are invited to attend all events. There is no minimum requirement for attendance. Each member may opt to attend any event they are interested in attending. Childcare is not provided for any GCSML Adult Activities listed.